1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, forgot about that, he didn't consider China a pariah, but he also didn't have Nixon's grasp on world affairs.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, can we get back to "Russia! Russia! Russia!" for a second?

A former top FBI official in New York has been arrested over his ties to a Russian oligarch, law enforcement sources told ABC News Monday.

Charles McGonigal, who was the special agent in charge of counterintelligence in the FBI’s New York Field Office, is under arrest over his ties to Oleg Deripaska, a Russian billionaire who has been sanctioned by the United States and criminally charged last year with violating those sanctions.

McGonigal retired from the FBI in 2018. He was arrested Saturday afternoon after he arrived at JFK Airport following travel in Sri Lanka, the sources said. ...

McGonigal and Shestakov, who worked for the FBI investigating oligarchs, allegedly agreed in 2021 to investigate a rival Russian oligarch in return for payments from Deripaska, according to the Justice Department. McGonigal and Shestakov are accused of receiving payments through shell companies and forging signatures in order to keep it a secret that Deripaska was paying them.​

Former top FBI official Charles McGonigal arrested over ties to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I do not understand why we cower before these assholes who see sinister plots at every turn.

M&Ms says it's replacing 'beloved spokescandies' with Maya Rudolph

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think at this point they have to go back and look at everything this guy did in his involvement in the Trump - Russia investigation. There should probably be a grand jury looking at the NY Field Office with regard to the leaks hitting Hillary Clinton as well. Giuliani was all up in that office as well. Which reminds me that we're not hearing much about his ass getting tossed in the clink lately, either.

I've said it here countless times now. Deripaska comes up over and over all through Trump and Manifort and Flynn. It's Russian destabilization efforts, and they worked like a charm. I'm sure Putin has more than once smiled into his brandy as he contemplated that one and the damage it did to our Democracy. There were leaks from the NY FBI that played into Comey's letter that torpedoed Hillary. All that shit was linked.

This is yet another FARA case.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    garrow, Webster and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted