1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think her story was supposed to parallel the opera she watched and the Testa Di Moro story from the beginning

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get it.
    Another thing: Why did the guys give up so easy on finding relatives? It was the whole purpose of their trip and they quit after 5 minutes. They should have insisted the hooker stay with them to interpret. Oh well, it was a decent time killer for me.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We gave Grace and Frankie a shot at the start. I love the cast, but the show just didn't keep my interest.

I'm two episodes behind on Last of Us. I started the premiere but didn't have time for the whole thing yet. I also think I have to be in the right mood for it, especially because it is relatively easy to see where one character is headed. I know it's coming, but I know I'm not going to like it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"Paul T. Goldman" on Peacock - Judging from the online discourse, this show is really polarizing, even more so than shows it shares some DNA with, like "The Rehearsal," "Nathan for You" and "Borat." It's seemingly a true crime documentary series, but it quickly spirals downward to essentially be a story about the effects of emotional neglect, misogyny and conspiracy theories. At least for me, it's my favorite show of 2023 so far. It's a bizarre series that takes some big swings, and doesn't connect on all of them, but it's wickedly funny and poignant for the majority of the time.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shout out to The Last of Us crew for getting the clickers right in the television show. Those aren't even the grossest infected we're going to see yet. Stalkers and bloaters to come ...

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Something we need to lighten the mood.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Poker Face on Peacock has gotten some excellent buzz.

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Webster likes this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm very excited for that. It looks excellent.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted