1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

So Broncos fan here. I said I liked Mahomes, even though it is wearing on me.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

How can an elite athlete turn you off? I love excellence in whatever or whoever it is found.

Edit: That might be whomever.

exmediahack and wicked like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Much as Dwayne Johnson needs to step back from the movies for a few years, Mahomes needs to put a hard pause on his booming TV commercial career. Really tired of him coming up at every. Single. Commercial. Break.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  4. Roscablo

I still like watching him. He is amazing. I am not going to deny it. Hard to balance with not wanting the Chiefs to win.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And maybe the most fun.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don’t blame Mahomes for the over exposure on commercials. I the latest round of Jake From State Farm oversharing commercials. Except for Reid drawing on faces, they are just dumb.

That said, for completely subjective and petty reasons (that have little to do with the Chiefs) I hope the Eagles win.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Jalen Hurts is so damn likable that even the fan base of the college he transferred from still adores him, and well before this year too.

8. Roscablo

So everyone is super likeable and we are all making up our own dislikes! For the record, I like Andy Reid too. Still don't like the Chiefs. At least I can bemoan Kelce.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What’s the early line?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just give Peyton all the QB commercials from here on.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Eagles -2.5.
    The O/U is 49.5.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t think he’s involved in the ad buys.

Draft saved Draft deleted