1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't think Peacock is long for this world - I bet the original programming vanishes, and it becomes a depository for just the NBC things, or its absorbed by Hulu or Netflix. But between Poker Face, The Resort, Paul T. Goldman, Killing It, there are some shows that take some big swings on there. It's like the polar opposite of norm-core NBC, which is running Night Court reboots and what feels like 52 weeks a year of The Voice, America's Got Talent and American Ninja Warrior.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Peacock is also their storage house for EPL and WWE. I think its shelf life lasts as long as they broadcast those properties.

Webster and sgreenwell like this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watched the first episode of Shrinking on Apple TV+. Definitely a keeper.

garrow likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Mo" on Netflix is really good. Much more dramatic than I would have thought considering it stars/created by a standup and a New Girl writer is one of the scripters.

sgreenwell and Webster like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Kiefer is back:

garrow likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Were they all in the pool?

part-timer likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

8. Regan MacNeil

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That episode of The Last of Us tonight…just incredible television.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

I can’t remember the last time an episode of tv made me cry. Let alone one that did it twice.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Saw Vanity Fair's post about it on the socials:

Hitting many of the same narrative beats, recreating iconic shots, and expanding upon the original digital design with painstakingly hand-built sets, HBO’s The Last of Us had, through its first two episodes, deliberately and closely echoed the postapocalyptic game on which it’s based. From the beginning, the question of how the adaptation would eventually set itself apart was twofold, a matter of both when it’d shift directions and to exactly what degree. Enter Sunday’s third episode, “Long Long Time,” which is a decades-spanning and near-feature-length love story that “explodes expectations,” as one of its stars, Nick Offerman, puts it to Vanity Fair.

In the game, Bill is a minor character whose survivalist bent comes in handy when it comes to helping protagonists Joel (Pedro Pascal) and Ellie (Bella Ramsey) on their perilous cross-country journey. He’s encountered briefly through Joel’s perspective, entering the enclosed mini safe town Bill has built for himself as he claims to contentedly live in isolation. “You come to realize that he’s actually lying,” says game creator Neil Druckmann, who developed the series with Emmy winner Craig Mazin. “There was something Bill cared about more than survival—there’s this other man named Frank.” Frank is not a speaking role in the game; the relationship between him and Bill is only subtly alluded to. But here Mazin saw his opportunity to put his stamp on the Last of Us show, to give viewers “a breath” after two intense and bloody opening episodes, and to buck expectations. We’ve been on the run with Joel and Ellie, and finally viewers get to sit down and stay awhile with Bill and Frank. ​

‘The Last of Us’: Inside That Tragic, Gorgeous, and Surprising Love Story Episode

[​IMG]

Cosmo and Regan MacNeil like this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Part of it is that nobody at ABC knew, and NBC runs a much looser ship (Lauer, Zucker et. al) , but yeah - icky. Oddly enough, I could see Robach and Holmes hosting a talk show now that people know who they are. Might end up only being "Extra" or whatever - but who knows.

Draft saved Draft deleted