1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chiefs 52-6.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As least when the two mayors make their stupid food bet, the winner will get something tasty.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

God, I suck. At least it was in agate type.

UAT!

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ha! A few of us actually get that reference! And even fewer of us have actually been in that stadium!

doctorquant likes this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I think I saw an article or video on this that said the kids were all wearing youth unis but someone had to chase down a spare man's uniform to put on Reid. No wonder the guy has some questionable eating habits. They probably had to shovel 10,000 calories a day into that kid until he turned 30! At least Glendale probably has In and Out.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I actually like both teams.

But while I like the Eagles, I'm quick to remind my Eagles-fan friends that I like them in SPITE of their fans.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A real Eagles fan takes that as a compliment.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. It only makes them more irritating.

wicked likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I know there's an In N Out at the I-17/Carefree Highway exit, which isn't terribly far from Glendale.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I don't really have a strong opinion about anything on this game. I didn't really have a strong opinion about either of last night's games either.

Jalen Hurts basically piloted my team to a fantasy championship (not counting the playoffs), and he seems like a pretty good human, so there's that, but Eagles fans. And even then, we've been through this movie five years ago. Nobody's playing for the first title or first title in a while. Andy Reid is amusing, though some of his family foibles are kind of close to the surface. As for the Mahomes clan, I think some of the pluses and minuses have been pretty clearly sketched out. Looking forward to seeing if the press corps can come up with some angles to this game that I don't already know about but I doubt it. I guess I just hope it's a good game, and judging from the line, that's a pretty good bet.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Looks like there's an In-N-Out a couple blocks south of State Farm Stadium.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Exactly. There is less than a 0 percent chance I will root for the Chiefs.

Draft saved Draft deleted