1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's always been almost meaningless. If they just named the original teams and didn't have any event at all, that'd be fine with every fan I know.

da man, 2muchcoffeeman and qtlaw like this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Andy Reid kind of strikes me as one of those people who can't do anything other than his job. My fear is that the thing that uproots him from the job is his own health, but he's made it this far.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe it depends what part of the state you are in. Near Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, it isn't much or a rivalry. In the middle of the state, where you have a mixture of fans of both teams, perhaps that is where it becomes more heated.

Seriously, as a Steelers fan from Pittsburgh, the Ravens, Bengals, and Browns are rivals. Maybe some other AFC teams, but the Eagles? Nah.

Batman likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I used to watch it during my football junkie days, but the game was a joke even before switching to flag football.

I still don't understand how they ended up with Huntley there.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At a minimum, an All-Star Game has to have players wearing their teams' uniforms. MLB used to do it. Now you get this shit.

[​IMG]

NBA at least used to have teams wearing uniforms that resembled the host city's.

[​IMG]

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Tyler Huntley being named to the Pro Bowl is proof that the Pro Bowl needed to end years before it got to this point.

jr/shotglass, wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Mike Boryla nods his head.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I was going to post about this in conjunction with the complaints about the seasons being too long, ending in February.
    My birthday is Jan. 5. As a sports-loving kid growing up on L.A., tickets for a game were an appropriate present. The only game still left was the Pro Bowl, usually the second week of January. It's like we were season-ticket holders for the Pro Bowl.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That site never lets us down. :)

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Cheeseburgers are health food!

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Had his name on the front AND the back!

Draft saved Draft deleted