1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jason Whitlock: “When ESPN ran me out of there that was them sending out a bat signal of ‘men with balls aren’t welcome. We don’t want any real men, we want feminized men.' I was the intellectual backbone for masculine men at ESPN, that’s what I represented. They ran me off and said ‘No guys, you see Bomani Jones, Howard Bryant, these feminized men, that’s our blueprint, that’s the kind of masculine energy we want coming from these guys that are highly feminized and have a matriarchal point of view and are basically ‘yasss queens’ themselves.' What Jalen Rose doesn’t understand, Jay Williams, Kendrick Perkins – and I’m not beating up these guys – but what all these guys don’t understand is they can’t be themselves without someone like me that’s able to argue down and stand toe-to-toe with all these Ivy League educated executives they’ve got, and all the other feminists they got running around there. I’m not scared of none of them because I know the truth is on my side and I know how to articulate it -- these athletes don’t. They need to be backed up by someone with a pair, and what they’re finding out is like, Stephen A. Smith’s pair ain’t big enough, he’s not smart enough to stand toe-to-toe with these guys. He can occasionally put a Malika Andrews, a child, in her place, but for the long haul, for the real fight with the executives, and all the feminists running wild, and the feminized male executives they got running around there— they’re not smart enough. Dave Roberts, who is the executive backing Stephen A. Smith; he’s not smart enough. I’m not trying to pick on any of these guys, I’m just telling you the facts. They don’t have anybody on the inside that can back them up intellectually and explain these situations to them, and for them on the air that would give them the room to be real men. So now Jay Williams understands that, he went to Duke, he’s actually a pretty smart guy, and that’s why he's taking to social media, and maybe like you said [co-host Steve Kim], he’s ready to get out of ESPN and is ready to draw a line in the sand with them. Eventually, and it may take some time, but the rest of them are going to grow a pair too and say ‘this check is good, but Lord have mercy, I can’t wear this skirt comfortably, I’m going to leave that to Bomani and Howard Bryant.'” (Full Segment Above)

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whitlock must not have gotten the memo that Howard Bryant is now with Skipper and LeBatard's Meadowlark Group.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Those are the ramblings of a disturbed mind.

matt_garth likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /what removing the intellectual backbone might look like

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

This is clearly someone ranting and is incoherent. People like this have existed since the beginning of time, frequently standing on corners, shouting to the world. But in the 21st century this guy is featured as an expert on a leading talk show.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

it's a guy playing a character and now playing it to the hilt.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is it incoherent or is it a pretty concentrated dose of misogyny? I’d be willing to bet a couple of chips that he has gotten told no rather firmly by a woman either personally or professionally and was totally unequipped to handle it.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

He’s begging to be sued. Imagine the sad he’s going to have when they ignore him instead.

wicked likes this.
  12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I think that many times media personalities start out playing a role and it winds up consuming them. They turn into the character.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Octave likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted