1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I signed up for the free membership over a year ago. I had forgotten I even had it until my wife asked yesterday, then about an hour later I saw MTM's post and checked if my account was still active. It is, but honestly, the only thing I'd watch is Battlestar Galactica. I've been meaning to do a full re-watch, but haven't gotten around to it.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I might check out Girls5eva once, only because I like Sara Bareilles. Outside of that ...

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

They sucked me back in with a $29.99 1-year subscription offer for Peacock Premium. I can watch the rest of Poker Face (only the first was free). And they get some decent movies.

I had missed an episode of Chicago Fire (OK, judge me), and I was surprised that it was only available on Premium Peacock. So I watched it On Demand.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Peacock actually gets first-run movies like a month after their theatrical release. Violent Night is one of them. It was a lot of fun, tho not really rewatchable.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That'll probably be on Netflix soon anyway, unless they're prohibited from having the first two seasons. (I'm guessing not, since Tina Fey is a powerful and smart enough operator to probably not be tethered to Peacock if they cancelled the show.) Peacock does have some "big swing" originals, like Poker Face, The Resort, Paul T. Goldman and Killing It, but the content comes out at a trickle vs. Netflix and Hulu. And the content isn't at the quality or prestige level that Apple and HBO traffic in.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Poker Face Ep 1 was very fun. Looking forward to the rest of them.

Accused on Fox/HULU appears interesting too (only 1/2 into Ep. 1)

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I've seen the first two Accused and will stick with it. I liked the second one better, perhaps because after seeing the first I had a better feel of how the episodes go back and forth in time between the trial and the alleged crime.

They have a great stable of actors in the episodes.

9. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Just finished the final episode of Willow. It started a little bit slow but then picked up speed and wound up awesome. I can’t decide if I want them to have a second season. The first season was a nice continuation of the movie, so it made it more than just nostalgia. I don’t know where the story can really go from here but it kind of ended on a teaser, which suggests another season is likely.

Also, props to Warwick Davis. The guy is still only 52, which means he was like 12 when he played Wicket in Return of the Jedi and 17-ish when he was in the original movie.

garrow likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Glad I waited to watch the final season straight through - Thought it was nice that they brought back characters I wondered what the hell ever happened to. They squeezed just about everything they could out of that last season. RIP.......(below)

Nah, just kidding.

Draft saved Draft deleted