1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Not just in sports Batman.
    Pittsburgh might just as well be in North Dakota.
    As a newcomer to the Keystone State I was stunned at the lack of interest in anything west of Harrisburg. New York teams especially were hated, plus you had the Redskins. Even Boston teams were hated much more than Pittsburgh teams.

Philly has a huge inferiority complex. I think Camden Yards in Baltimore was a big reason the Phillies got a new ballpark.

Batman and jr/shotglass like this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Brady is rivaling Favre and Rodgers in the attention whore standings. Go away and stay in your place in Montana and just don't leave.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It was half tongue in cheek, half what Spartan Squad said.

MisterCreosote and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I sure hope so but nope. As noted on Twitter, there's a good chance this is just leading up to a Super Bowl ad.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Speaking of Super Bowl ads, one of the M&M's showed up in a SportsCenter ad this morning.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Francesa was on ESPN this morning saying that Montana was a better Super Bowl quarterback. What? I don’t care what the QBRs are. Montana never threw for 500 yards.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Mistake no. 1: Watching Francesa on ESPN.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Brady threw for 500 in a loss.

Related question: Did yardage matter when Montana hung 55 points on the Broncos?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do wonder if the Raiders may do a u-turn and bring Carr back. If they commit to drafting some third or fourth best QB in this draft, Mark Davis should fire Mcdaniels on the spot. We know the types of QBs McDaniels likes to build around. I have zero confidence in his ability to evaluate QB talent.

[​IMG]

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He likes Stidham, as shown by starting him at the end and giving up a draft pick for a guy who probably was gonna get cut.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

WTF? Friar Tim?

Draft saved Draft deleted