1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Maybe this time, he'll take one of the trucks heading back south after dropping off more folks looking to enter the country. And maybe this time, he won't come back.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  3. DanOregon

I've always enjoyed When the Coast is Clear.

DeSantis strikes me as a "Fins" guy - but he's really more of a Who's the Blonde Stranger type.

Driftwood and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Makes sense

5. DanOregon

Its odd to think we're a year away from the first primaries, and it looks like it will be just DeSantis, Trump and Haley. No sitting Senators or Members of Congress. My guess is that the Mitch wing of the party sees more candidates as favoring Trump. I still don't think he really runs. The "dark primary" season is fascinating even this far out - as even campaign staff hires and donor commitments are seen as "wins."

Mark the Jones/Day news down as a big L. It's been the defacto hired gun for the Republican Party for decades. Both a farm club and landing spot for White House legal types.

garrow likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I've been reassured this isn't happening. Still,

7. DanOregon

I wonder if Haley's thinking - De Santis and Trump will tear each other apart and she'll look like a relatively "clean" alternative.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Haley is positioned as the least smelly poo.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Trump and his 30 percent welcome as many candidates as possible. Of course he wants Haley to run and Pompeo, Pence, Cruz, Gingrich, Rubio, Kasich, Fiorina, Christie too .....

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Yeah, Haley who changed her name because the GOP is so welcoming to foreigners.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted