1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Would you like to ride in my Chinese spy balloon….”

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Talk radio over the weekend is even more unhinged than Monday thru Friday. Unless of couse, they run a “best of” show over the weekend to replay the same hits you missed during the week.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

How come all these Republicans bitching at Biden aren’t upset Canada didn’t shoot the balloon down when it had the chance?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Previous Chinese Balloon Incursions Initially Went Undetected

WASHINGTON — The top military commander overseeing North American airspace said Monday that some previous incursions by Chinese spy balloons during the Trump administration were not detected in real time, and the Pentagon learned of them only later.

“I will tell you that we did not detect those threats, and that’s a domain awareness gap,” said Gen. Glen D. VanHerck, the commander of the Pentagon’s Northern Command.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I read an entire book about zeppelins last year, never knowing it could be useful to anything happening since the 1920s.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In My Time of Spying

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hermes likes this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He would have shot it down with an elephant gun, by Jove.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd like to think Biden won't introduce the pilot who shot it down tonight at the SOTU

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Might get slap happy.

[​IMG]

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Department of Defense has neither confirmed nor denied that they still haven't found what they were looking for.

Draft saved Draft deleted