1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Ving Rhames is subject to a fine not to exceed $10,000 and a term in prison not to exceed one year for each Florida-based airing of the 1997 film Rosewood.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Whatever you did, it works.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Who thinks up something like this and then thinks "sure, they'll let me keep my job after I do something this stupid"?

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

White people?

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I could see a scenario where you have an outside vendor. ... and they are just doing a meal, so they do some chicken, etc. Especially with something like Aramark, which is so big, and they probably have cookie-cutter menus they work with throughout the year for jobs like this.

I honestly think that quite a few of the things people have posted on this thread have been bad things that happened to involve a black person or a racial minority. ... automatically being turned into evidence of something racist.

The BIG problem for me, at least, on this story is, fine, you give them the benefit of the doubt, etc.. ... but watermelon is so NOT IN SEASON in February.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“Can we all agree this is racist, but this menu sounds pretty good and wasting food is bad?” 12-year old fat kid Hermes who also hated conflict

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Don't tell Petey Green that watermelon ain't around in February.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I don’t remember seeing any giant cans of government surplus watermelon in the kitchen of the school cafeteria when I was a kid.

wicked and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted