1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Brett Favre spices up Super Bowl week by suing Shannon Sharpe, Pat McAfee, and the Mississippi state auditor who is hounding him in the state's ongoing welfare money scandal.
    The auditor, Shad White, is a fuckin' gangster in the best way. His response to the lawsuit was essentially, "Let's rock."

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

LOL. I can't wait for depos and discovery!

(Assuming the lawsuits don't get thrown out during the first pre-trial hearing.)

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mahomes wins his second MVP award. I’m hoping it’s followed by a second Stupor Bowl title.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Um, no. Hoping for a repeat against the Bucs two years ago.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

MVP winners playing in that Super Bowl are 0-for-the last-9

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Let's make it 0-for-the-last-10.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Obviously I’m a Chiefs fan, but I wouldn’t put money on this game — either way. A not 100 percent Mahomes is a tough ask against the Eagles defense. But I was there when they came back from 24 down against the Texans, so who knows.

The Chiefs wandered in the wilderness for 50 years. There ain’t no deserve, but if there were, I’d think KC has earned its share.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Philly just won a Super Bowl a few years ago. They’re no more deserving karmically than KC.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That includes Tom Brady twice. Also, no MVP winner has been on the Super Bowl champion in this century. Kurt Warner in the '99 season was the last one.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Maybe Favre should go after "Real Sports" too. Watched their story on the scandal the other night and it's a very clinical takedown, with White among the interviews. Good luck, gunslinger.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The last thing Philly wants to do Sunday is try to get into a shootout with Patty and Co.
    Hurts can’t be the guy to throw for 350 and 4.
    KC defense is just good enough to get a couple stops.
    Take KC and the over.
    34-21 Chefs.

misterbc likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When two teams are as evenly matched as these seem to be, all scenarios are possible. I will point out, however, that the one game the Eagles lost with Hurts at QB was the exact opposite of Chef's scenario. The Commanders ran the ball 49 (!!) times and had a 40-20 time of possession advantage. That is not how the Chiefs do business. Kansas City did a good job taking Cincinnati out of the run. Against Jacksonville (19 carries, 144 yards) it didn't go as well. It's obvious Hurts hasn't thrown the ball as well since he got hurt. So I think for the Chiefs it comes down to holding down the Eagles running game, and of course, keeping Mahomes in one piece.

Draft saved Draft deleted