1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

My tingle - which has been terrible all year - says either KC wins in a close game, or the Eagles win in a rout.

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm not as tuned into the Chiefs injury situation/status as others - but I know they have the edge in coaching and quarterback - and I also have to think the Eagles might be a tad overrated - Rodgers was the best QB the beat all year, and gave up 33 points in the win. They drew the AFC South as an out-of-conference opponent - the worst division in the league, and the NFC North (third best in the NFC) as their intraconference opponent. Oddly enough, the Chiefs also faced the AFC South as their intraconference opponent.
    I'd pick the Over and the Chiefs.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Hurts was healthy, I'd take the Eagles and give the points in a heartbeat (and I bet the spread would be more like Philly minus 4). But he's obviously not throwing like he's healthy, so I am reluctant to pick the Eagles. However, I am equally reluctant to bet against a team with the league's best offensive line. I am also leery of Kansas City's penchant for self-destructive plays when otherwise they seem to be sitting pretty. If forced to the wall, I'd bet the Eagles, but not enough money to make it worth anyone's while.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Is the list at zero now?

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

If the Eagles don't try to get cute and match KC big play big play they'll be fine. Run, run and run again and then tee off on Mahomes when he gets impatient and wants to throw deep every down.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“They call it Picture Day. They took my picture and I left. “ —- Mark Bavaro

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Youngest guy covering Super Bowl I was maybe 25?

For someone from that group to make it to the next 56 is pretty damn good.

Draft saved Draft deleted