1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

We're full-bore into cooking for my daughter's SB party. I'm making seafood enchiladas with a creamy cheese sauce; just a great recipe. Also roasted jalapeno poppers. Other people are going to bring a tray of burnt ends, a high-end macaroni salad, a few homemade pizzas, and a full complement of sweet & sour meatballs.

Gonna be eatin' good in the neighborhood.

I Should Coco and Hermes like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's just Alice and myself today. We're having chili, of which she makes a tremendous version. Also she's making guacamole. I bought beer and ice cream for my contribution.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Menu is wings, jalapeno poppers, crab dip, artichoke dip, jerk chicken, Mexican street corn, lobster bites, green chili and blood orange margaritas.

misterbc and jr/shotglass like this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Homemade chili for lunch, then chili dogs and chili cheddar brats for the game. We also have chips and dip and a veggie tray.

Hermes and jr/shotglass like this.
  5. jr/shotglass

You just made my wife's eyes open wide with blood-orange margaritas.

Hermes likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

By the way, Alexa just told me the Eagles have a 64.8 percent chance of winning. And she said "Fly, Eagles, Fly."

So there's that.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Alexa, how do you grease a lamp pole?

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Blood oranges are the best oranges. Carry on.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What wine do you serve with horse manure?

[​IMG]

10. DanOregon

I loved the Raiders in New Orleans, Tooz was cruising Bourbon St, the hostages were being released from Iran.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. DanOregon

So I wanted to DVR about the last hour of the pre-game show - but I couldn't. Had to select the entire 5.5 hour extravaganza or nothing. Yikes! Thankfully, going to miss the two hours of Skip and Shannon and "The Road to the Super Bowl" before that.
    I can handle two hours, plus the pre-game, but what it God's name are they going to show in the first three? Figure features on the Kelce's and their parents, the two QBs, the two coaches and what else? I'm guessing Rinaldi's located some sick kids that serve as inspiration for each squad.

12. jr/shotglass

Alexa DOES have an answer for that. Remarkable.

Batman and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted