1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The Eagles defense was terrible all game and even more so in the second half. And their offense still should have gotten the ball back.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Five years as a starter. Two titles. Two MVPs. Five AFC Championship games. Never even had to play a road playoff game. That's pretty close to the legal maximum of winning for Mahomes in his career. It'd be nice if he and Hurts were co-MVPs tonight, but I know it doesn't work that way.
    Incidentally, a significant number of Pats' fans here hate Mahomes and KC because they feel they're a threat to New England's status as dynasty number one. Fans are stupid sometimes.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That was a VERY soft call.

4. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Hurts dropped the ball without anybody hitting him. That play, along with maybe the punt return, was the biggest in the game. He barely belongs in the discussion for MVP of this game.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We're getting close to the analytics saying just chuck the ball downfield every play. Just need a PI or holding call one out of four times (and you may even complete a few).

6. Roscablo

How many times a game does that same exact thing happen on a pass?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I really hate that logic. They absolutely have a gripe. That they made a big mistake doesn't mean they deserve to get screwed at the end of the game.

Roscablo likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have literally only had 5. Just wait.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He’s in for sure.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's a good point. At least if they give up a touchdown, they have a chance. That said, the Eagles not getting a chance is on the official first and foremost. That's just a weak call.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Do the Philly papers break out the headline New Orleans used after the Rams game a few years ago?

REFFING UNBELIEVABLE

12. Roscablo

I'm a big fan of every play matters and points in the first quarter mean as much as points in the fourth quarter. Every team could have done something better throughout the game. That said, the Eagles did do enough to at least get the ball back and a terrible call eliminated that chance. It is impossible not to notice it and it doesn't change who deserved to win or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted