1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

upload_2023-2-13_12-37-15.jpeg
    Hot take sauce. Propelling narratives since 1996.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seeing Jon Hamm in that lame Mayo ad made me wish Mad Men did a time jump to the firm's first Super Bowl ad.
    General thought of this year's batch? Many didn't live up to the hype - and teases (I still don't get what the M&M thing was about), sick of people using dogs to pull heartstrings (especiall that dog that we are to believe lived from the time a girl was child to the time she had her own kid? Please. Having Michael O'Keefe in the Michelob Ultra spot (and Brian Cox) made it decent - and Tony Romo is better in ads than he is as a color guy.

Also - I kind of liked when they had a "Super Bowl Legend" walk the trophy in at the end - doing the thing at the front end just kind of gets lost in the noise.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I missed the Gronk thing at halftime. That was super-weak. I at least expected him to actually try it out on the field, like PP&K.

One other takeaway from last night. And as good as Hurts is/was, this is where a Patrick Mahomes separates himself from the second tier.

KC sent Chris Jones in from the right side with his hair on fire on every passing down. This caused Hurts to roll to his left -- and he did not throw well against his arm. I know as well as anyone how difficult that is to do, but some of those passes he threw away on the left sideline -- some of them on crucial downs -- Mahomes finds a way to make those plays.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Try the double oaked. You’ll be too blissed out to care about anyone’s narrative.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The commercials were bad. Everything is so formulaic.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Siriani is a great coach. And how else should we judge them?

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Of course that's how we should judge them as a coach, but when they're unsuccessful, we pile on with all the other stuff that no one cares about if you win.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You know what was a great ad? The new diabetes monitor. Showed how to use the product and explained the benefits (goodbye finger sticks! Real time data and glucose forecasting!). Boom, everything I need to know in 30 seconds. Won’t sniff a Clio, but I imagine it will do a great job of moving product. As someone with a family history of diabetes and a huge phobia of needles, it gives me some hope that life will be manageable if that becomes my fate.

I Should Coco and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I thought the new phone camera did a good job with that too.

dixiehack likes this.
  11. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Added to the to-do list.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest...

[​IMG]

Typist Clerk likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted