1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

bigpern23 and SixToe like this.
  2. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Have to disagree with your last sentence. The Chiefs were already well within field-goal range.

If no penalty is called (which I would have liked to have seen in that moment), the Chiefs would have tried the field goal on the next play, fourth-and-8 from the 15.
    The biggest thing the Eagles were screwed out of there was time. Instead of 1:50 left with one timeout they had 8 seconds and no timeouts.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I didn't make myself clear. I assumed KC would kick the field goal. It was always going to be 38-35, but with the Eagles having time enough for an opportunity to answer.

tea and ease likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see it be Detroit.

It definitely won't be the Eagles.

And honestly, I want the Bengals and Bills later in the season so there is some buildup record-wise -- 7-1 vs 7-1, etc. than making it be the opener.

Liut likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Two play calls that produced two absolutely walk-in TDs. Isn't that the story of the game?

6. Della9250

2023 the first season without a Michigan QB on a roster since like what, 1982?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He’s unsuccessful?

8. Della9250

So apparently the 1986 season will be the last time there wasn't a Michigan QB on an NFL Roster

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Which Adam Gase-coached Super Bowl team are you referencing?

wicked, dixiehack and JC like this.
  10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The holding call was on the same play, too. I mean, the hilarious thing is the Chiefs almost 100 percent for sure had something to play off that ("OK this time we'll fake it, and then do something opposite"), but they never even had to get to that, because the Eagles never stopped Play No. 1.

dixiehack likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I checked Jake Rudock but he retired and is in UM medical school

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

After Harbaugh it was Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Brady, Drew Henson, John Navarre, Henne, Ryan Mallett, Denard Robinson and Rudock
    Mallett, of course, transferred to Arkansas and Robinson was drafted as a RB

Draft saved Draft deleted