1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Daniel is 36.

I’m amazed at how he maintains this level of play.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

$82 million and change, according to Spotrac.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I heard some ex QB on some Sirius XM show a few weeks back talking about being teammates on a couple of teams with Chase Daniel (can’t remember who exactly, but maybe Chad Pennington?).
    He said the key to Chase’s success is he shows up at the facility first each day and leaves last and in between he spends hours of time breaking down film and compiling play books and prepping his starting QB. Said he was basically a coach who worked his ass off, unselfishly, because he knew his role. And earned his money.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That must mean Trubisky is unteachable if the great offensive minds of Matt Nagy and Chase Daniel couldn’t break through.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Can’t teach poise.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Yep. Obviously he brought something to the team.

So will he become a coach or count his money the rest of his life?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. When things are going well, Trubisky can produce. Make him face some pressure or adversity and things are likely to go very badly.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So it's been three days since the Super Bowl. Which internet sleuth has found all the holding/PI calls during the game, in which the refs are holding their flags?

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, the lead singer was best friends growing up with the Beastie Boys, according to their stage show.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. That's actually how I heard of Luscious Jackson when I was a teenager. The Beastie Boys were pretty vocal in vouching for them.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you've not watched the Beastie Boys documentary on Apple TV, do so.

bigpern23 and Cosmo like this.
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It was really good.

A bit jarring to see them “grown up,” I guess. Like they became what amounts to a couple of basic suburban dads. You could imagine jogging past their house and shouting “Hey Mike! Working hard or hardly working?” and Mike D tipping a Bud Light in your direction as he rides his John Deere while wearing some white New Balances and khaki cargo shorts.

A far cry from the “Fight for Your Right” days.

Draft saved Draft deleted