1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Skipper and Sampson editions of the podcast are often filled with theoreticals and brainstorming. I haven’t listened yet, but I’m guessing they were in that mode.

It’s a rare opportunity LeBatard affords listeners to hear from someone who ran a team and someone who ran a major network hash out these issues, even as infuriating it is sometimes to listen to Sampson. Even when I think both are way off — and I think Skipper here is — hearing the way the brains work on guys who had that much control over the industry is well worth the time.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If I want to hear the insane ramblings of a substance addict, I'd just as soon walk down to a local homeless encampment by the river.

2muchcoffeeman and TigerVols like this.
  3. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

I would guess 98% of the audience would disappear. No way they’d do something this dumb.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve made 2023 the year to eliminate assholes from my life.

I like when people volunteer for the ignore button.

I call a few addicts friends. I find their points of view more interesting than yours on most subjects.

Bye, asshole.

[Slams down squeaky gavel]

poindexter likes this.
  5. poindexter

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yes, the broadcaster would absolutely say no.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Not getting into the crack addict thing, but that NFL Films clips is pretty obvious and egregious. But I guess they should have pocketed the flag because he didn't fall down?

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Also, Mahomes has made no-look passes in the past. Whether he was looking JuJu's way the whole time is irrelevant.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Olson said it shouldn't have been called. If I remember correctly, Pereira said the same. I guess you believe they think like crack addicts, too. It was a weak call after 58 minutes of the officials not calling a single defensive hold or pass interference. We already know that they let at least one blatant pass interference call go earlier.

That you have to rely on a lame ad hominem attack demonstrates the weakness of your claim.

10. outofplace

They should have pocketed the flag because they had been doing so all game long. Do a better job the first 58 minutes or at least be consistent at the end.

11. poindexter

Both Olson and Pereira get paid by a network whose best interest is to have a fantastic game come down to a last second play. The hold happened. The hold was called. Anything else is the insane ramblings of crack addicts.[​IMG]

12. outofplace

Now you are reaching for a conspiracy theory to support your claim. You really think Olsen thinks that way? You want to ignore that Pereira does not like to criticize the calls of officials on the field, especially at such a critical moment. You're funny, but in the laughing at you sort of way.

Draft saved Draft deleted