1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts and Prayers: The Religion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Slacker, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I hung with 2 Mormons yesterday and one of them signed for me.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

One of them did sign language to promote a free sign language course at the local LDS church ... even though the course is not part of the church.

Although who knows, maybe he did silently baptize me. I'll just shit it out while speaking in tongues next time on the toilet.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Here's the video:

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This has caught the fancy of a handful of my Baptist friends. I have resisted the temptation to point out it is a Wesleyan school, and thus there may be women folk a preachin’

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just got back from several days at the revival.

I really didn't want to go to be honest, the lure of staying at home performing sex acts on myself and eating peanut butter, was so much more appealing.

But then I started to feel guilty (the peer pressure) about not wanting to go to the revival. So I went to the revival, and I repented for not wanting to to be there. After a few hours of that, I wanted to be there even less, and I was forced to accept that there was a demon inside of me that was rejecting the revival. So I prayed and sung my brains out and threw myself all over the floor, to let God know how sincere I am.

I think it was working, but then I went and posted this, and I said God, instead of G-d, or whatever the sign language is for G-d, so now I think my only hope for salvation is a Mormon baptism.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

My wife is second year in a Presbyterian/Methodist seminary. She considered going. Everyone make fun of her!

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I bet you didn't so ... not everyone!

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I like being alive.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

What I discerned from that was a brief introduction, which I really didn’t understand, followed by something along the lines of, “One of these is the Holy Grail. Choose wisely. The true Grail will bring you life. The false one will take it from you.”

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

From the Parable of the Scowling Dunce.

Draft saved Draft deleted