1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It’s not the same GOP, exactly. Those guys are now railing about their property taxes paying for schools at all. Their kids are the ones Karening through the public school system.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What are you gonna believe, evidentiary court documents or this face?

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We are having to do the same thing, and that's why all the books from my classroom library are going away. I flat out said, "I refuse to participate in fascist book banning." I'm going to leave one or two such as Clinton's biography and maybe Woodward's book about Trump just as a poke in the eye to anyone who wants to look.
    Honestly, it's a hollow gesture on my part and just makes me feel good because it's been years since a student asked to read anything I have on the shelf anyway. It's equivalent to me declaring I will no longer eat mushrooms on pizza because I don't eat mushrooms anyway.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remember, they claim Obama was elected through voter fraud too.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. The real difference was around 12 million, not 15 million. Soon it will be 20 million.

And speaking of that loathsome creep:

Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity discussed wanting a Fox News reporter fired after she pushed back on Trump's election lies

"Please get her fired. Seriously...What the fuck?" Carlson wrote in a text to his colleagues, according to the filing. "I'm actually shocked...It needs to stop immediately, like tonight. It's measurably hurting the company. The stock price is down. Not a joke."

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just asking questions which they know the answer to. It’s ok to flirt with election denialism because that’s an essential tool to try to win.

I’ve said it here before, but reading the Dominion lawsuit, it’s amazing that a watershed moment for FNC is that their statistician called the Arizona race for Biden. Following the math in a race where the polls were closed not only in that state, but nationally, was seen as the ultimate act of betrayal.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Remember - to the GOP, losing just means you are that great of a candidate that the "establishment" pulled out all the stops to cheat you out of a win. See also, indictments, exposes, and lawsuits.

garrow and Webster like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Newsmax's new ad campaign - "We Really Believe This BS! Unlike those posers at Fox News!" "Our Crazy is 100 percent Real!"

garrow, Driftwood and Smallpotatoes like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Azrael likes this.
  12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

God keeps the scorecard.

Draft saved Draft deleted