1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBQ vs. Cheesesteaks: Super Bowl LVII running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 29, 2023.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I love that people are arguing a point that not even the guy who got called for the penalty is willing to argue.

Bottom line, the refs made the right call, not the fun call.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Noted.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Everyone wanted to see the Eagles try to pull off an Alcoa Fantastic Finish is what it boils down to.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Of course. Wanted to see the Chiefs try and prevent it, too. That's why people watch sports in the first damn place. To say the call made the game's ending a huge anticlimax is not an opinion, it's a fact. It's not the same thing as saying it was the right/wrong call. For non-rabid Eagles or Chiefs fans, it's a natural expression of disappointment.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ball's too high.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The first night, sure. It’s been almost a week. We have definitive video and photographic evidence. We have a confession from the defendant. It was a foul. It was called. If you’re not an Eagles fan, what are you (not you) trying to accomplish here?

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The fact of disappointment doesn't change because time passes. I'm not arguing about the damn call, I'm pointing out it spoiled some of my fun.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Most people aren't really arguing "DAMMIT, HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE THROWN THAT FLAG!" (Well, two are)

Sentiments are more like, "Well, fuck. Game over. Couldn't he have just ignored that?"
    Especially after seeing the previous game end in the same anticlimactic way.

9. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

A discussion. Because this is a discussion board. And sometimes a discussion that would take place in a few minutes in real time takes much longer in this format.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What do you expect him to do? Whine about it? I give tremendous credit to Bradberry for being a stand-up guy about this.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

EXACTLY!

12. Regan MacNeil

To what end? To keep "discussing" how you're right and we're wrong even the the face of overwhelming evidence? Go for it, I guess.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted