1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nashville would not be a bad Super Bowl city at all.

Twirling Time likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Denver will build a stadium with a dome within the next 10 years.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I dislike dome football.

New Orleans excepted.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

it’s actually quite surprising it hasnt gotten it yet, but hey let’s give it to the same ol’ four cities for the 15th time

5. Michael_ Gee

I covered Super Bowls in New Orleans, San Diego, Miami, Houston, Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix and Jacksonville, the first three each more than once. San Diego won't get any more because of Spanos moving the franchise, LA will take its place. New Orleans and Miami have earned repeat status because they're great places to have a big party. So is Nashville. Miami is the only one of 'em that can promise warm weather though.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You might get lucky and catch a warm day in February in Middle Tennessee. You might also drive through six inches of snow to freeze your ass off all evening.

Batman likes this.
  7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

After holding the NFL Draft there, the League has been itching to host a Super Bowl and a roofed stadium will make that very easy.

I would say that Nashville would join Houston and Tampa as occasional repeaters, but not on the level of Miami, New Orleans, Los Angeles and likely Las Vegas.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Will the NFL go back to Santa Clara anytime soon? I've never thought much of the stadium, and access isn't great. It's been a weird sequence lately with the LA, Glendale and Vegas back-to-back-to-back.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Or, possibly, a good ol' Febberwary tornader followed by bitter cold as the front slides on through for a couple of days.

Does Nashville have enough lodging for a Super Bowl? Teams, staff, NFL people, guests, celebs, the fans who shell out however much for tickets? I can't imagine downtown does, even with the events the "country" music scene puts on.

I have no idea about the lodging deal. Traffic and food and all that, eh, it would be a bitch no matter what. But I'd guess every hotel in Nashville, Franklin, Gallatin and maybe Murfreesboro or Clarksville (or all of those) would see a bump.

10. Michael_ Gee

If they could fit 'em in Jacksonville, and they did, barely, they can surely find enough lodging in Nashville.

SixToe likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Atlanta, IIRC, has had horrible weather the week leading up to two of its three Super Bowls.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There was a terrible ice storm before Rams-Titans, to the point that nosebleed tickets actually dropped below $100. I think my then-wife had to talk me out of driving down to try for a ticket.

Draft saved Draft deleted