1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm really going to do my best here to not spoil later outcomes in the story since I just finished playing all the way through the second game. Would like to discuss the show on its merits but will from time to time add some game perspective that is pertinent to a particular episode. I have friends who are watching who are not into the game, and I'd like to extend them the courtesy of enjoying the show the way I enjoyed the story of the game as it unfolded.

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I am ahead in the show by a lot, like still in what is the second episode in the game, but have a goal of catching up before it ends. That might be hard for me, because I only have so much time to game and it isn't one I can play with my youngest around, but I am motivated! That said, it is pretty cool going through the game and seeing what happened in the show and the differences. It is actually quite the experience.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It bugs me that a lot of TV shows make significant changes at a certain point in their run that producers will label "creative decisions" when everyone knows that its a money/contract thing. Spare me the baloney about "taking a show in a new direction" etc. Ala - Dancing With The Stars dumping Tom Bergeron. I get it from an actors standpoint - you take a series pilot and are almost suprised how popular a show turns out to be, but after X years - had no idea (or interest) in doing a certain project for an extended period. (Mark Harmon).

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Poker Face renewed for season 2

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

We finished the retirement home episode last night (#4 I think) and I was very disappointed, really didn't make sense. Quite a change from the prior ones IMHO.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just finished season 1 of Severance. Incredible! What an amazing show.

qtlaw likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Tonight was the Emmy clip episode for TLOU. Funny moments, good back story, drama and a nice cliffhanger.

qtlaw likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It was very good. I like to listen to the companion podcast before watching for the second time so I can catch some of the things Mazin and Druckmann point out that I might have missed. Next week will be truly blind for me as I did not play the Left Behind DLC from the first game. For TLOU Part II fans, I think we caught a glimpse of Dina last night. (That's not spoiling anything from the first game, BTW.)

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Episode 4 of Poker Face, with Chloe Sevigny as an aging metal rocker, was classic. Damn, she does weird well.

qtlaw and garrow like this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was at a concert Saturday night and during a lull in the action I yelled, “play Stapler Head!” and a couple of folks near me got the joke, surprisingly.

Dyno, qtlaw, garrow and 2 others like this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its a cliffhanger, question for me is "would they risk doing a Sean Bean GOT and blow our minds or is it just the standard 'he looks dead but nah we saved him?'"

In any event, a really enjoyable episode, liked how the Ellie/Joel relationship grew and changed.

Draft saved Draft deleted