1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Really enjoying Shrinking and 1923. Harrison Ford having quite a flurry.

Love Shrinking. Big fan of a good dramedy. Sharply written and performed.

1923 is enjoyable. Not groundbreaking but an entertaining watch. And it’s very fun to see Ford and Helen Miren together in good roles for both.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

We too are enjoying Shrinking. Title initially didn't grab me but the writing certainly has. Ford is a good curmudgeon.

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ford is fantastic in Shrinking. Amazing comedic timing.

Deskgrunt50 and garrow like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ned Stark's demise was not a surprise to those who had read the first book in the series.

I doubt they are going to go there with Joel, but they have already changed quite a bit about him.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I rewatched TLOU ep 6 last night and found that I liked it a lot better on the second watch. Needed to pay better attention to some of the smaller details that I missed on first watch. "Are you going to shoot it or are you trying to get it pregnant?" was a LOL line from Ellie towards the end.

Please don't click the following spoiler if you haven't played/finished the first game...To be clear it has to do with both the game and the show.

I think my biggest issue on first watch is that the Joel thing at the end sort of felt anticlimactic because I know he's alive and well. That's a beat-for-beat recreation of the game there, save for the fact that Joel falls from a balcony and is impaled by rebar in the game rather than being impaled by a broken baseball bat in the show. For the non-game viewer who has avoided everything about the game, though, it's effective and well done. And it looks like next week will be a heavy Ellie backstory episode so viewers are probably going to have to wait two weeks to find out Joel's status.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

We’re not gonna ever see the giraffes, are we?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There was a photo of a giraffe on the wall in the room in which Ellie was staying in Jackson. You can see it during the confrontation with Joel. One of those cool details I caught on second watch.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  8. outofplace

I've been catching up on bits and pieces of the game on YouTube, so I assume I already know most of the major beats from next week. They really haven't hidden that we are going to see that particular character in the show.

That said, I still don't know what the deal is with the giraffes.

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Crap, my mind just assumed you were going to say something about the show not the game. Oh well, I have seen minor little spoilers like that throughout and it hasn't ruined anything for me. Like I had heard Tess died differently, but in the end, it wasn't really all that different. I am just finishing the Bill section and it is blowing me away, both with how good it is and how completely different it is from the show yet you can see how they are tied together. It is crazy the creativity they used to accomplish that.

10. outofplace

Tess's fate is a great example of how they have built on elements of the game, but changed and added things, too. I think changing how the infection works was a very good decision.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Jen Psaki getting her own show on MSNBC next month. The White House really misses her.

garrow likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted