1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If the goal of releasing the raw recordings was to provide access for accused individuals to exonerate themselves, why would you ever turn the recordings over to a journalism outlet?

Just send them across the street to the LoC and let those wrongly accused defendants and their lawyers comb through them.

If, on the other hand, the goal is to create a re-edited, re-imagined 1/6 counternarrative on America's most popular, least trustworthy kayfabe cable news operation, then mission accomplished.

X-Hack likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's a tad bit more nuanced than "they should never be released because they might exonerate someone."

Justin_Rice and Azrael like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You know me brother, I'm all about the super subtle brain chiaroscuro!

doctorquant likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Build the wall!

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I met him and interviewed him at the opening of a Golf Smith in NYC back in like 2011 (bc he always need to insert his fuck face everywhere), and unless he was wearing lifts, he was about 6-3. I'm 6-1 and he was definitely taller (and fatter) than me.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I met him right after my freshman year of college (my cousin was a longtime newsradio reporter in NYC. He took me around with him when I was visiting and he was covering a press luncheon at the Trump Plaza -- Fucko was unveiling the logo for the Trump Shuttle). He was very tall -- I'd estimate 6-3 as well. He was also friendly enough in person.

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I stood next to punters who'd beat all their asses without breaking a sweat.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If someone is going to leave a Congressional seat six weeks after the term began, maybe they shouldn't have run.

Draft saved Draft deleted