1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Train derailment and chemical spill in Ohio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 14, 2023.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’d rather my President go to Kyiv than lead an insurrection on our Government.

wicked and garrow like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just to update the human condition . . .

A presidential visit to Kyiv and a presidential visit to East Palestine are both acts of political theater.

While I understand the need to reassure people in Ohio, a non-hologram / non-android body-double president can only be one place at a time. So the federal government has instead sent many resources to the site of the spill, and will send many more in the years ahead.

Tens of thousands have already died in Ukraine, and the region now constitutes - to hear the Trumpenproletariat tell it, anyway - the ticking nuclear powderkeg that will kill us all.

And while the double Trumpy mayor of East Palestine and Jesse Watters might want a Biden visit to swear at and about, and may get one, robot or otherwise, a decision about priorities was made and here we are.

I don't doubt for a moment that those poor folks near the spill are well and truly fucked - for generations - but there's not much anyone can do about it now.

Let the class action lawsuits commence.

2muchcoffeeman, Slacker and wicked like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not saying he shouldn't have gone to Ukraine.

He COULD HAVE made a pit stop in Ohio on the way home. Walk and talk and stand with them for an hour.

That's all I'm saying. The whole "I've got your back shtick" from a thousand Internet miles away is as stupid as anything Watters would say.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I don't think he's even home yet.

And so far he's sent money and doctors and FEMA and the EPA and toxicologists from HHS and a bunch of other resources.

I get it, but as described upthread, something like this is a slow motion disaster.

This isn't going to be solved any time soon - Jesse Watters notwithstanding - even if Joe Biden shows up in his aviators.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You can't bitch that you don't want no Big Guvmint telling you how to live then whine that your feelings are hurt because Big Guvmint didn't come say hi. This is only an issue because screeching jackasses are making it one.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And the shit-for-brains DC press corps will follow suit in a couple days.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Didn’t Joe try to get the federal help into Ohio and was told by the Governor, thanks, but no thanks?

BitterYoungMatador2 and Azrael like this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

There are concrete ties from Rhode Island down through the CT coast all the way into GCT. Concrete was also used north from New Haven at least into Hartford and maybe even Springfield.

It provides a much smoother ride.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Joe probably has to go comfort some palm trees on Kiribati before heading home.

And Train.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump knows trainwrecks. His presidency was the biggest one in history.

2muchcoffeeman and Azrael like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted