1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have no problem with vouchers - as long as private schools accept every student who applies.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The charters here can kick out kids if they're not performing academically, so their test scores don't get dinged.

Driftwood and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The biggest downside to vouchers is that shitty schools pop up, academy jokes. It's not a small downside, either.

OscarMadison and X-Hack like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I always found it amusing that when North Carolina started a voucher program, the biggest benefeciary was the Greensboro Islamic Academy. Unintended consequences, I suppose.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Vouchers which take money out of public schools and put it into private schools have not existed in Arkansas.

The act also eliminates the salary schedule for public school teachers. Yeah, they get a nice bump on starting salary, but years of service and advanced degrees don’t provide a bump.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Hey but Shiloh Christian is gonna be good as shit at football.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Are teachers unionized in Arkansas? I think I know the answer, but not sure.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Years ago, the local public school coach was fired. The next year he popped up at a charter school across town. I’m sure the kids followed him for the academics.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She is a 9/11 truther.

Draft saved Draft deleted