1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is performance art. If this thing actually passes and Gov. DeathSentence signs it into law, I’d have to think it could imperil accreditation. You can’t maintain your legitimacy by taking academic policy from the hands of the faculty and giving it to politically indebted appointees.
    If all provisions pass, do they also run the risk of losing federal support in the form of student loans?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And you think GQP folks give a shit about accreditation why?

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Friends of Ukraine need to get out front with a series of advertisements explaining to the American people all of the atrocities that Putin's orcs have been committing and why it's in America's best interest to stop it.
    Maybe the HobbyLobby Jesus is Us ad team can produce them.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Slanderous/libelous? I always confuse the two. “Pimp” certainly has a certain connotation.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If anything, it’s that loss of accreditation imperils federal student loans. If that dries up, you have an enrollment problem at several places. And then maybe some of those places go under. And if that happens, these schools aren’t alive to train the next generation of Floridians to vote for Trumpists.

College Accreditation in the United States-- Pg 1

In order for students to receive federal student aid from the U.S. Department of Education (Department) for postsecondary study, the institution must be accredited by a "nationally recognized" accrediting agency.

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So we crush our public school systems to ensure students can't pass admission to the colleges that are having their curricula seized by the state anyway.

Here's to the future!

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He was a comedian. You can't just use that to tear him down, you have to make up "pimp"?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

In an AP interview, Dr. Jill said Joe is just waiting for the time and place to announce he is running in '24.

Honestly, for the good of the country, don't. Maybe he wants the historical footnote of dying in office or being 25thed.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Wish he was younger as well. I'm still stuck on: if not him, who? I don't think Harris can win, and she'd be the frontrunner by default right now.

One way or another, we'll have to find out reasonably soon.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He wins the election, he takes the oath, six months later he hands off.

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted