1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Regional Sports Networks Going Bankrupt

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Readallover, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

2. Readallover

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Quite honestly, one of the biggest reasons I hold onto cable is because of the ease of watching the Capitals and Orioles on NBCSW and MASN.

wicked likes this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Ditto Ducks and Angels.

PS -- I hate watching live games on my computer.

Woody Long and SixToe like this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Same and same. The phone is surprisingly OK for watching games, but I only do that when I'm doing the dishes, sitting in my daughter's room while she's trying to fall asleep or my ADD is on hyperspeed while I'm in the living room and I want to watch a TV show at the same time as the game.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

FIFY

Sinclair made a bad deal, buying these regional sports networks and trying to jack up the prices paid the providers to the point they got dropped and lost hundreds of millions dollars over the past three years

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's been frustrating not having the Suns games but worth it knowing that Sinclair wasn't getting a dime of my money.

maumann and exmediahack like this.
  8. Readallover

9. Readallover

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

A. I still hate watching sports over a stream. It takes me three minutes just to get to the damn stream. And then forget about hopping between streams or — gasp — between a stream and linear cable TV, especially if you're on your TV.

B. Insert Ragu post here about cheap money, rising interest rates, Sinclair getting a bunch of cheap debt, it blows up, etc.

Dog8Cats and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. Readallover

12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted