1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I liked it. I have the DLC but am holding off until I finish the main story, which if all goes well could be before the next episode. I am starting to fly a little bit! So I also don't know what happens in it. You knew the infection was coming so that was my tension. I kind of wish they had shown us the whole conclusion. Like how those two ended up where they did and maybe where the realization that Ellie was immune and got into position to be taken over by Joel and Tess? I guess we can tie it all together, but it would have been interesting to see. Other than that, another fine episode.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. Roscablo

We just basically said the same thing!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

"I love you guys so very much."

On 3!

Wenders, Webster and jr/shotglass like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

See that's my thing. The episode was fine. And I think on other series, an episode like this one would have been strong. But for the reasons you mention about the conclusion, it was wanting for me. We have so many questions that I wish began to get addressed or even teased. And, yes, wondering when the bite would come was 100 percent the tension. And what would happen to Ellie's "friend" was also a tension. But when I compare this to Bill and Frank, I was left wanting more. This is a good thing. This episode was good, but when the standards were so high, even a good episode isn't good enough.

Roscablo and qtlaw like this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The most recent episode of Shrinking (gummies) is fantastic. Been a long time since I laughed that much during a TV show.

garrow likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed. I didn’t love what happened in the very last scene, but the idea that he was having the flashbacks to fights with his wife when everyone was telling him what a great couple they made was really well done.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It wasn't quite as good as Bill and Frank, but Bella Ramsey and Storm Reid were just fantastic.

qtlaw, Roscablo and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A lot of boundries are crossed in Shrinking. I am a huge Jason Segal fan, but his character has so many flaws, it isn't funny.

At least the war vet had the common sense not to do it with the high schooler.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I liked it a lot more on the second watch last night. I've found listening to the companion pod after the first watch and then giving it a second go has really enhanced my appreciation for the show.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

https://www.cbr.com/the-last-of-us-...ibution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

I was wondering if there had been some backlash. I guess there was after "Long, Long Time." It is a good point in that Bill, Ellie, and Riley all show some level of fear of letting others know about their sexuality.

Edit, apparently "Left Behind" is getting a ton of lousy reviews for the same reason as "Long, Long Time."

The Last of Us HBO ‘Left Behind’ Episode Review-Bombed With 1-Star Reviews

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  11. Roscablo

I am assuming the story is along the same lines in the DLC? In the game while Bill and Frank was not explicitly said to be the relationship it was in the show, I counted at least six references to it. They weren't hiding what the relationship was. I am assuming it is similar in the DLC at the very least. It is funny that people think this was just added. There might have been the same backlash in the game, but a lot of these people complaining either didn't play it or missed it completely. It's kind of like the recent complaining that Rage Against the Machine are too political. These complainers only want to see what they want to see.

As for the actual story, how crazy is it? Two teenagers, who have spent a lot of time together, getting those urges. It's life anyway you shake it, not limited to this world.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The people who love to throw the term "woke" around are going to be in a hell of a tizzy once we start getting to the season two events ...

sgreenwell and Roscablo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted