1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If Wentz wants to be a starter he'd better hurry up and get on an XFL roster. I'd be stunned if any NFL team is willing to give him a shot to do anything but hold a clipboard.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Oh, what a glorious time.

An embarrassment of riches!

I think I was driving through Nebraska trying to keep an FM signal during that game?

The opposing QB I used to like and hope he'd find a way to MN as did his close personal friend and trusted mentor just to turn the cosmos upside down, but now he can go suck an egg.

No offense to fans of that team. My dad, closing in on a C-Note, is one.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

SKOAL!

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Interceptions are among the most exciting plays in football.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Racing in a car given to him as part of his NIL deal, triple the legal limit? I would say he’s in a for a world of hurt.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is the person who gave them the car - if its an in-kind thing - also on the hook? I imagine some of these car dealers might be having a talk with their insurance agents soon.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the speed limit? Carter wasn't drinking, according to anything I've read.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Sorry. I read alcohol was involved and conflated that Carter was drinking. That hasn’t been confirmed. The rest of the post stands.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Joe Webb was a helluva an athlete. 1,000+ yard rushing/solid passing QB at UAB, I want to say he was 4th in QB rushing for the season. What he wasn't was an NFL QB. He made it as an occasional WR/KR/ST/Emergency QB and general good influence in the clubhouse. Anything they asked him to do, he did it, and he parlayed that into eleven years in the NFL without getting his body too badly broken. Nice pension

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

LeCroy was at twice the legal limit for alcohol, and they say the race hit 102, which is probably close to twice the speed limit.

Draft saved Draft deleted