1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

That quote aside, many, many years ago a psychiatrist introduced me to cognitive behavioral therapy and it absolutely changed my life and I use it every day of my life decades later. I would recommend it for liberals, conservatives, old, young, male, female, whether you're on 5 antidepressants and antianxiety meds or zero. That and learning about common cognitive distortions and how to manage them on a day-to-day basis. Folks should use it in just their everyday life to deal with things, even if there is no mental health problem. But when it comes to mental health issues, whether depression or many others, we have decades of research showing how effective it can be in treating it.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. It’s a tool in the toolbox. Many people need medication to supplement it, however.

OscarMadison and Machine Head like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How does this even get introduced? Seems like a rather blatant attack on the First Amendment.
    I know Trumpists aren’t terribly smart and that they despise any education unrelated to plumbing or construction, but this seems like something most of us learned in middle school.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It gets introduced by virtue signaling performative grifters looking for 15 minutes on Fox News or NewsMax. Folks who look to MTG as a guiding star of how an elected official behaves.

Webster and garrow like this.
  6. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Somewhere earlier, on some thread, I suggested my 6 year old grandson was evil. Guess what?? He's not. He's a super intelligent boy with bad parenting for an adhd condition. The FAMILY is engaging in therapy. First CDI, (Child Directed Interaction,) then PDI (Parent Directed Interaction). Then a bunch more. It's ongoing but the experts think my grandson will catch up to emotions vs brain. He is taking a low dose something (Not the stimulant kind) but the therapy is more parent oriented. INCREDIBLE difference in this child. AND his parents. Obviously this isn't the thread you wanted this to land on, but therapy is real, And can change lives.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Who are “my people?” University board members I don’t know? I’m not a Republican.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing about DeSantis is that he was a jerk, and an a-hole and the Fla. GOP did well in the mid-terms so they figured "more and bigger" is what people want.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If it walks like a duck and posts like a duck...

Mr. Sluggo, wicked and Woody Long like this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The GOP specializing in shitposting as policy.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted