1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Hear, hear.

Ten years ago, Cognitive behavioral therapy along with a rigorous workout routine rewired my brain in ways the closest people around still can hardly believe, sending me along a life path that seemed impossible just a year before. From 320 pounds, isolated, debilitated by anxiety and actively trying to kill myself with my life choices to 170 pounds, married with a child, outwardly and internally optimistic and happy.

There are first steps you need to take to be ready for behavioral therapy to stick, but once it does it can be a game changer.

But as others have said, many still require medication and other strategies. So many would live a better life with some minor adjustments to how they see themselves and the world and recognize how their brain is often actively tricking them.

Sea Bass, maumann, Slacker and 5 others like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh noes, now some students there will be forced further to the right and have to embrace authoritarian leaders!

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don’t think I post like a duck. And I certainly don’t vote like one.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't care how you claim to vote. At the risk of over-extending the metaphor, I definitely see the quacking when you post. I won't speak for others, but I certainly don't seem to be alone in that.

Fred siegle and wicked like this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

“Unverified first person account” is an interesting way of describing a sworn affidavit.

But, that said, Reed’s lawyer’s statement to the PD - parents and those transitioning are happy now, just like opioid addicts, but the cost is coming - isn’t really related to her original claims, and seems like an altered argument.

Azrael likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Which part is the sworn affidavit?

All I see is a link to a letter to the AG.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Azrael likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m not sure there’s any Republicans on the board at all. At least not Trump Republicans. And I’m neither at any rate.

But I do view Trump to be somewhat a reaction to the Democrats drifting away from core economic issues.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny how you always regurgitate Republican talking points, such as trying to blame Democrats for Trump.

Fred siegle, wicked and Woody Long like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted