1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I get your point, but I could see it happening, seeing as DeSantis is already trying to control/legislate bloggers and anything written about him. Like Trump, he's another guy who, seriously, needs to go away. Because he's really dangerous.

In fact, we should help it along (hopefully) by not keeping talking about him. And, of course, it'd be helpful if the Democrats could come up with another legitimate candidate for President besides Biden. Even though I will vote for Biden again (and again) in an attempt to keep Trump or DeSantis from getting elected.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, the proper response is to criticize both Ocasio-Cortez and the article. Just because she and her staff were way out of line doesn't mean it was acceptable for the article to misrepresent the facts with bullshit such as referring to $70,000 as "almost six figures."

wicked likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Found it a little curious Biden was in Selma for the 58th Anniversary of Bloody Sunday at the Pettis Bridge, only because I was wondering if he doesn't think he'll be there for the 60th Anniversary in 2025.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It's not in the nature of politicians to wait to make appearances, especially when they're president.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just saying - 58th isn't normally a "big" deal. Of course, a year from now he's likely to be the presumed Dem nominee after the early primaries.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Voting rights big part of his overall agenda. Anniversary of seminal event in voting rights history a natural for a Biden appearance. Also, he was probably invited by event organizers, and accepted.

franticscribe, wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the ghouls who made him go

tapintoamerica, garrow and Webster like this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Republicans have to own this. Why?

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Shorter version: It’s right-wing bullshit propaganda you posted because you don’t like AOC.

It’s honestly embarrassing you’d post anything by the New York Post and take one word of it at face value.

Draft saved Draft deleted