1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Even shorter version:. I can't stand her and people like her. And you can't respond substantively to what I said about her actions and her hypocrisy.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If you’re seeking a substantive response, start out with a reputable news source. Not that NYP shitty propaganda.

I don’t care one way or the other about AOC. She’s a congresswoman who has very little power.

Please come back with the results of the ethics investigation. I’m sure she’s gonna get tossed right out of Congress. Along with George Santos.

This is the house is on fire and you’re scolding people for smoking.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are other outlets reporting this. Choosing to post what they wrote was a poor choice, but he's not wrong in pointing out that she and her staff were out of line.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

KO's getting the shpilkes again.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If she’s the Face of the Democratic Party™️, she needs to get a fancy dress to go with it (then go out on the town).

7. The Big Ragu

Great. You don't care about her.

For someone you don't care about. ... it's curious that rather than saying, "Wow, what a hypocrite she is" and leaving it at that. ... you attacked the messenger (because then you don't have to address anything), avoided anything factual about what the whole Met Gala thing exposed about her hypocrisy with a blanket "propaganda" label, and created "house on fire" hyperbole to avoid even discussing what I have had to say.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Deskgrunt50

Oh, I’m aware of the story. She likely broke the rules.

I can’t stomach the mainstreaming of the NY Post garbage. It’s a minor story reported properly elsewhere.

I get that this stopped being a journalism board a long time ago. But the NY Post? Nah.

matt_garth, 2muchcoffeeman and Pilot like this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Fuck yeah I attacked the messenger. That’s the point.

11. The Big Ragu

The fact that you think that a logical fallacy / an ad hominem attack is ever the point of anything is pretty telling.

If I have a problem with something the New York Posts write, I'm willing to actually address what they wrote.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The correct thing to do --- in all situations --- is to attack any INACCURACIES in the message (of which there was at least one). Because even the most odious messenger sometimes gets things right that are just inconvenient to know.

Draft saved Draft deleted