1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If you don’t have a problem with most things in the Post, that’s a logical fallacy.

As stated above, she likely broke the rules. She’ll get whatever penalty comes with it. It’s a minor story. I’m just shocked it didn’t contain WOKE more prominently.

My standard for information will never fall to the that of the Post. It’s a crap, lying organization from top to bottom.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You are still doing it. You'd rather talk about being shocked about something it didn't even include because that fits into your echo chamber better.

She "likely" broke the rules. You can't even just say what anyone who isn't completely full of shit could see from the set of facts that investigation laid out.

It's not about an ethics violation, from an ethics commitee that has never actually served as an arbiter of legitimate ethics. ... Voters should be regulating ethics when it comes to our elected officials, and they consistently choose not to. So we reap what we sow.

The fact that you can't even bring yourself to be honest about what a raging fucking hypocrite she is and actually discuss that instead (and no, she's not a minor nothing congresswoman), and you are doing a dancing bear act to avoid even coming close to saying it. ... kind of makes you the grim reaper of what we all are sowing.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

I’m not obsessed with AOC. I don’t care if she’s a hypocrite or not. You do. And good for you.

And what makes her not a minor congresswoman? What extra special power does she have?

The only point I was making from the start is the shittiness of the New York Post.

Why try to make a point, good or bad, by starting with a news source that is NOT believable?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

No admirer of Biden, would walk through East Palestine (both locations) to vote for him again.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

As Susan Del Percio said, it is pathetic for him to get 62 percent of the straw vote at the cult CPAC event that was designed to service his needs.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3583238-aoc-is-the-democrats-best-shot-against-trump-in-2024/

A new face for the Democratic Party | CNN Politics

Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez an Insider Now?

The New Yorker isn't doing profiles about 99.9 percent of Congress.

And the reason I posted that particular link. ... was that it was (still is) hysterical to me that the New York Post in particular could have that much fun with her, and factually anyone with a normal set of BS detectors could click on that link from the OCE report and see that it had served up something so easy for them that it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

10. Deskgrunt50

She’s in New York and gets outsized media attention.

Until her vote counts for more, or she’s elected to a higher office, the rest is moot.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the right is more obsessed with AOC than the left, even the very left is. See also "wokeism," "drag story hour" and "Hunter Biden." Theyd give them all up if that meant the end MAGAism.

I can't believe Ronny Jackson ever was allowed within 10 feet of Obama - or had a medical license. He seems dangerously unhinged.

Webster and garrow like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You'll never win this debate. She's not a big deal, until she is, and then it's only because of Republicans, because she's really not a big deal, except when she's wearing a Tax The Rich dress at the Met, and that's Republicans' fault, too, and...

Draft saved Draft deleted