1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

‘Slavery was wrong,’ Columbus’s journal: Six things some educators won’t teach

Bull. Shit.

Unfortunately two-thirds of parents don't care. Two-thirds of those who do trust that the educators know what they're doing because, well, they went to school for it.

That leaves ~11 percent of parents, if that, who are taking the lead of the Kochs and DeSantises. The astroturfing and gaslighting is unreal, and I can't believe the fucking Washington Post fell for it. Twenty parents at a school committee meeting in a 10,000-student district shouldn't dictate policy for everyone else.

Driftwood and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Who pays attention to her more, the mainstream Democratic party or Fox and the other RWSM outlets. Yeah, I thought so.

outofplace and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

AOC is that neighbor who gets a big promotion, buys a hair piece and a high-end car, and kicks out the wife and starts dating a 20-something. All the old friends are tossed to the side. She is enjoying the spotlight. She’s also a good foil for Republicans. Tell me what she’s accomplished in Congress?

Azrael likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

When you criticize AOC as "what has she accomplished in Congress", you're sounding like someone who couldn't make the HS hoops team in the upper deck saying "Kobe (or say Chuck Nevitt) YOU SUCK!"

What has she done? She at least put herself at risk and was elected as a US Rep. and beat an incumbent. That's quite a bit in my book.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Holy shit, all craziness comes out of CPAC but AOC is the real problem in DC!?!

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Individual members of Congress accomplish very little. You accomplish things in Congress by working with other Congressmen/women, hopefully from both parties. Unfortunately the complete polarization of Congress has pretty much made that impossible.

Ask yourself this: Who would you rather have represent you, AOC, Green, Boebert, Santos or any of those complete whackjobs from Texas?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

None of the above, probably. But the office of my Florida whackjob was in constant contact when I enlisted his help in nudging USCIS along with our green card renewal application. At least I'm pretty sure they weren't spending their time getting him gussied up for his ethically questioned place at the MET gala.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Also he became another thing he never wanted to be: a loser

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, not ONLY the money matters for Murdoch, but the main thing is promoting his international fascist nationalist racist authoritarian conspiracy (Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro, BoJo/Brexit, etc etc).

But the money matters too.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Again, it’s not a debate you’ll ever concede.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

As if there’s some kind of moratorium on reporting on Democratic politicians while CPAC is going on.

Draft saved Draft deleted