1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Once again, Ronny Jackson twice publicly attested (in official government documents) that Fatfuck weighed somewhere under 239 pounds, when in fact the fucker weighed 4o0 pounds or more.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A chilling look at our future. Probably caused by AOC, amirite?

The New Anarchy

I Should Coco and Machine Head like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Can we not call out AOC for what she is?

Good on her for getting elected and getting as much mileage as she did about the broke-bartender-running-for-Congress shtick.

She isn’t much more effectual than MTG or Boebert. Much smarter than both, of course.

But name one policy idea she’s come up with? Green New Deal is the only one I think of, and she’s drafting off Ed Markey’s heat there.

Again, she’s not a dolt like the MTGs and Blackburns and Boeberts. But she’s not been a transformational figure in D.C. That kinda sucks because Gen Zers should have a voice at the table, and she can be that.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

AOC is actually a serious person who does the work. I happen to disagree with a ton of what she says, but she’s not a treasonous moron like Boebert or MTG.

OscarMadison, garrow and Machine Head like this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She's not pushing blatant racism and fascism
    She's not advocating for the dissolution of the United States of America

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The youngest of the above-linked stories is five months old. The middle child is 13 months and the eldest is 39 months.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Calling for the killing of human beings at CPAC kinda sorta seems like a big deal to me. Although I think the asshole was a podcast bro of Ted the Zodiac Killer, so I guess it tracks.

The AOC deal should be reported out. Fully.

But the crazy is now the norm for the Republican party, so samesies.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

She's one of what 435 reps? You accumulate power by having people vote with you. To be a transformational figure would require the other reps to embrace her views and ideas.

My kids are Gen Z (or whatever is younger) and look around, our country is not embracing AOC's ideas, not happening. Old folks in my generation need to let go for that to happen, or to recognize that "greed is good" was horrible for our country, or to admit that moving away from the Civil Rights movement was wrong.

IMHO, the landscape is still centrist and asking AOC or some younger person to be transformative is not a realistic ask. I'll hold up Obama as an example, it appeared (at least to me) that he was a new light but in hindsight he was just a different centrist. But of course, he would never have been elected President without being a centrist.

DanielSimpsonDay and Slacker like this.
  11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Thank you for linking this

I Should Coco and dixiehack like this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What little faith I have left in the US I'm banking on the centrist voters who first voted for Trump, not realizing that he was leading them back to the Wallace South and McCarthyism, now understand that going down that path again will only lead to the death of the US and don't want that to actually happen. They likely understand that DeSantis is more of the same.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted