1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm just doing basic economics. I'm not saying Jackson needs to get more because the Browns were stupid, I'm saying because the Browns were stupid, that dictates that IF there is another desperate (i.e. stupid) team out there like the Browns, his market value goes up.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Did Joe Mixon shoot someone at his house?

TigerVols likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The problem is people assuming that there will be a team that stupid. It seems as if that is what Jackson is doing. There are teams capable of doing stupid things, but the Browns are an outlier due to their level of stupidity.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this claim can be made without at least acknowledging the Cardinals are also in the NFL.

5. outofplace

They already have their overpaid quarterback.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Exactly my point. They may not be in the running for this stupid decision, but another opportunity will come along soon enough and they'll be right in there pitching.

7. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

OK, let’s get crazy.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think the needle has flipped on NFL QBs; less than five of them are worth 20% of your cap space.

Build the team around a cost effective player. San Fran… Philly…

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

One of the reasons the Ravens aren't one of the many dumb teams in the league. And they know more about his medicals than anyone.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yet NYG throw $160M to Jones. So maybe LJ leaves “smart” BAL but someone will risk it and pay LJ, even if they’re not “smart”. He’s worth more than 2 1sts too.

12. outofplace

The guy failed to finish the last two seasons due to injury. His ability to run is a big part of his game, which adds to the injury risk. There is no need for quotation marks. Any team that gives him a massive guaranteed deal like the one Watson got is doing something stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted