1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not conservative. More like far right.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

At this stage I think I'd rather work at Gannett.

OscarMadison and FileNotFound like this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The guy isn't a political idealogue of any sort, as much as some people want to put a label on him. He supported Bush in 2004. Obama in 2008 and 2012 (and became a very wealthy man because of the handouts that went to him during that administration). He supported Hilary Clinton in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2022. Last year, he said he would start voting for only Republicans.

What Elon Musk is, is a dick. An old-fashioned douchebag. I don't think it is driven by ideology, it's driven by ego and how he thinks any single thing benefits him and his ambitions. Which is why his principles shape shift so much. He's not unlike a lot of other people who get labeled "conservative" and "liberal," but aren't very principled in reality.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Like 45. His loyalty is given to who'll write the next check.

maumann and FileNotFound like this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t know/remember if he supported Biden in 2020. But he told everyone to vote Republican in 2022.

He certainly seems to be a far-right asshole currently.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I wonder how these guys voted.

104651118-GettyImages-830617844.jpg

8. The Big Ragu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Views_of_Elon_Musk
    Exclusive: Elon Musk tells Fortune he's 'super fired up' about Biden
    https://futurism.com/the-byte/elon-musk-fan-climate-joe-biden

He's an asshole. Definitions of "far right" will vary, I guess. I usually think of neo nazis, white supremacists, etc.

Elon Musk doesn't stand for anything except whatever bullshit he's slinging at any moment in time for whatever self-serving reason he's slinging it.

9. Deskgrunt50

I wasn't questioning 2020...I honestly didn't know. Maybe a typo in your post about supporting Biden in 2022? Not trying to stir, but he was all red team in the midterms.

As far as the neo nazis and white supremacists... he certainly has elevated their views on twitter and supported a lot of their bat-shit conspiracy theories. You're correct, he'll do whatever benefits him in the moment. But in the current moment he's running the playbook of some really awful people.

10. The Big Ragu

It should have said supported Biden in 2020 (when Biden ran for president). Musk actually supported Kanye West at one point during the presidential election cycle, but he said he should run next election cycle.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Another closet conservative:

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

I didn't remember the Kayne thing. Oy vey.

Draft saved Draft deleted