1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I hear you Michael, which is what all of them except Jackson are privately saying: Just because the Browns are in the business of doing dumb things doesn't mean we need to do dumb things.
    Which doesn't even really need to be said. (Although it's the same thing I tell my little hellraiser.)

Liut likes this.
  2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

History matters until it doesn't. The Cubs won a title. The Bucs won 2. Etc.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

OK, that's maybe taking it a bit too far, but him calling his adoptive parents racist is worse. I had red hair growing up and if I let it grow and got a blow out, I'd fully expect my parents to say, Don't do that, people will think you're a clown.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The Cubs & Bucs won it all under new ownerships (that eventually proved to be just as dumb as old ownerships). The Jets are never winning with Woody.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Second-best time to delete this is now.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It has already been quoted twice, and based on his response to the first one, he still doesn't get it.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Goddamn. People are just lining up for the button recently.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And that’s why we’re (mostly) anonymous.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's what I don't get about Jackson or any other pro athlete who serves as their own agent. I bet they don't do their own taxes. Do they keep their money under their mattresses or in safe deposit boxes? One of the great benefits of having money seven or more digits to the left of the decimal point is that it can come with the hiring of folks to look after and grow the money, and they're better at it than rich people who aren't in finance could be. The rich person is free to focus on the abilities that brought them the money in the first place. Why on earth would anyone subject themselves to high stakes contract negotiations when somebody like Rosenhaus will do it for them for a hefty fee? Are there frauds in the agent business? Sure, just like there's frauds in finance. But it isn't that hard to find the services of reputable people in each discipline.
    It's just nonsensical egotism. I honestly better understand the jocks who get DUIs instead of calling an Uber, as the recklessness of young men is an eternal human trait.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted