1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I remember when my company pretended to give a shit about little trifling matters such as life-work balance. Like Trump saying he wanted a 'bill of love' for the Dreamers.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The state of Arkansas is clearing the decks to send middle schoolers to the assembly lines and y’all think we’re getting a four-day workweek for the same pay. Hilarious.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I did a four-day week for a decade. To me, it’s vastly superior in every way. I miss it.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Those middle schoolers are going to grow up and see that it’s much more nicer to be working four days a week in California and New York than spending their lives working 80-hour weeks on an Arkansas assembly line and move.

And the Arkansas evangelicals are going to be blaming godless coastal elitism instead of taking responsibility for voting to live in the 1850s.

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Arkansas is the test kitchen for MAGA now. You’ll see similar bills elsewhere very soon.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

And the FB* guv-na has a basic rubber stamp in the legislature and state supreme, much like Florida. She will get everything through, and it will take lawsuits in the federal system to stop her.

*FB - fat _____

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So did I. 40 hours plus. I loved it. Off on a weekday when everything was open, off weekends. What's not to like?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

This is why the J6 video should not have been released. The QAnon Shaman should not be freed. He pled guilty.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Where are those Arkansans gonna live in Cali? On a three-foot square in someone’s guest room?

There’s nowhere to live out there, no matter how many days you work.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I had four-day weeks when I worked overnights. The three days were just long enough to transition to a “regular” schedule. Getting back to off hours was a bitch. I’d love it if I were in a 9-5ish.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

When I started driving rental cars, I did overnight, four 10-hour shifts. Two on, one off, two on, two off. It wasn’t bad. When they ended the shift and I went to days, five eight-hour shifts, the days seemed a lot shorter.

Draft saved Draft deleted