1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Jfc, then dont comment. You dare take me to task over an article you didnt read? That’s some bullshit right there.

Why should I try them elsewhere? Threatening an echo chamber or something here? I aint no Maga hump, Im just taking a guy to task for irresponsibly calling his parents racist in my view.

No one is responding to that, instead trying to act like everyone should expect to wear cornrows and be free of judgement. Im not saying that’s right, bur I am saying that’s reality.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'll take anyone to task for posting a Daily Mail article. Unless you don't consider yourself a journalist, then post away. Otherwise, have some more self-respect.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Taking you to task for posting that cornrows are worn by thugs and then whining about people being "woke." Has nothing to do with the article you posted from a right wing gossip rag. I have no interest in the Daily Mail's thoughts on absolutely anything.

outofplace likes this.
  4. CD Boogie

How about this one? This meet your threshold, Edward R. Murrow?

Colin Kaepernick calls out adoptive parents' racism as he promotes new graphic novel | CNN

The guy is quoted and this story has run everywhere. Sorry I triggered you by posting from the Daily Mail. Now maybe we can discuss the issue I raised?

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Didn’t Dakich get shitcanned over this at WVU about 20 years ago?

And cornrows make people look worse, IMHO, but I don’t think less of them because of them.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What Kaepernick wrote is fine with me. He called his parents’ comments on cornrows racist. I agree with him. They showed him a great deal of love but there were issues too.

Let’s not pretend that everything our parents told us was always right on. My parents used the N word and made many racist comments. I’m not going to pretend anything less. You live and you learn. My parents learned.

Im not a fan of cornrows but that doesn’t mean everyone sporting the is a thug. Have you ever tried to have thick coarse hair before? I have coarse hair and it’s not the easiest to style, unlike some thinner hair.

7. CD Boogie

Neither do I. But people do and it’s naive to think otherwise. That was my point, but I apparently delivered it poorly lol bc I got tomatoes coming at me from all angles. I’ll try to build back better.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As for “woke”, it’s another case of one group co-opting it for something different from the origin. It started out as minorities waking up to the realities of their situation (See Harold Melvin Wake Up Everybody) then it’s now become somehow a bad thing to be aware.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

see also "fake news."

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Read that last sentence to yourself. A few times if need be.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Calling the Daily Mail a rag is fightin' words, if they still run Page 3 girls.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Calling the Mail a rag is an insult to actual rags.

Draft saved Draft deleted