1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Mentioned this in the travel thread, but the winds in the UK were insane today. I’m not a small guy and I was getting knocked off my feet waiting for a bus. I’m stunned there wasn’t more turbulence on my flight because I was bracing for the worst.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

After being in the 70s earlier in the week (and apparently gorgeous for most of March), it flurried in Raleigh yesterday morning and left a measureable amount of sleet on the windshield wipers. My niece had originally planned for an outdoor wedding long before changing her mind, and it's a good thing because it was rainy and cold all day. Instead, we wound up at Whiskey Kitchen for some good southern cooking and the "I dos."

It'll be in the 20s tonight here in northeast Georgia before we return to our reguarly scheduled Florida snowbird existence tomorrow.

Baron Scicluna and Driftwood like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don’t mind cold weather. Hell, I like it for hunting and trout fishing. But I do not like 70 on Wednesday and highs in the 30s on Friday. So I hate springtime in the South. And for tornaders.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Take the Wayward Bus to somewhere else.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Hate spring here. 70 on Wednesday. Snow overnight and temps back into the 30s. Potholes everywhere.

Our snowiest month and we have had two days of a trace and we're halfway through. The spigot has been turned off, but thankfully at least not in the mountains where it matters more.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is tragic. There are so many farm workers and lower income in this area.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The extremes suck. Drought? Or floods? I've argued water is better, but California lets most of its water flow into the Pacific so might as well have drought.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I live about 15-20 minutes from there. It's a flustercuck of epic proportions. Pajaro is about as dirt poor as it gets, separated from Watsonville (in Santa Cruz County) by the river. Monterey County isn't the greatest about providing services either.

Another storm expected overnight into Tuesday, then a break the rest of the week. But it could take months for things to dry out.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It's 36 this morning in Surf City.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Power still on here. Raining like hell, windy. Snow supposed to start by around lunchtime.

CD Boogie likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The azaleas are blooming. Dogwoods too. It dropped below freezing last night, and is supposed to be 28 tonight.

It's a matter of time until climate change starts to make the azaleas bloom before the Masters.

Driftwood and BTExpress like this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The goddamn jizz trees are already out in Virginia.

Draft saved Draft deleted