1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The following people are to be released from their captors …

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"OK - Aaron, we can fit these guys under the cap, but we'll need to restructure your contract...."

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Raider fans (not assuming you are one, so this isn't directed at you) are so blind in their loyalty to a franchise that has royally fucked them over three times already they just can't see how god-awful their ownership has been over the last 25 years, starting with the final 15 years or so of St. Al and continuing on with Mark Davis and his stupid salad-bowl Caesar haircut. They are the sheeple of the NFL, even worse than Jets or Bears fans, who also have little or nothing to show for the 21st century at the very least.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It's going to be such a trainwreck. Someone noted today that the Bucs got Brady's guys when he was interested in playing for them, but Brady's an actual, what is the word, winner.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

“Asian Dawn?”

TigerVols, Batman, dixiehack and 2 others like this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I read it in Time magazine.

CD Boogie and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I am a Raider fan - I don't understand the blind loyalty thing. I was willing to give McDaniels a chance - but after the Waller trade - I'm convinced he's incapable of winning over a locker room, so he just trades the strong personalities to get "his kind of guys" in there. I'd like to think Davis will come to his senses and realize he's hired Gruden 2.0 at some point and bring in a real GM to handle the football stuff.

I was thinking about the coaches who have had great success with "roster control" - surprisingly few, especially those who won SBs elsewhere and demanded it as terms for their next gig. For all the talk Parcells did about the buying groceries stuff - having separation from the front office can work well for a coach in dealing with players.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The Waller deal is a true 50/50 shot -- either you know the medicals that well on a guy who turns 31 during the season and he never returns to form so you get out of the contract, or he goes to the Giants and is an All-Pro for a couple of years

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I've heard the younger Davis' coif called a Moe Howard, but I consider that an insult to Moe.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

If I ever become musically talented, Asian Dawn is for sure my band name.

CD Boogie likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think we have a couple of Commanders fans here. What do y'all think of Cole Holcomb? I know he has 48 career starts, he had a ton of tackles in 2021, and he had last season cut short by foot surgery, but not much else.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cowboys plan on cutting Zeke.

Lions sign Montgomery. Bye, bye Jamal Williams?

Bucs follow the Brady Era with a Baker Mayfield Era that might only last half a season. Good luck to them.

Draft saved Draft deleted