1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I believe that Namath had previously said that he was fine with A-Aaron wearing 12.

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Zeke Elliott is free. The least surprising news ever after Tony Pollard got franchise tagged. He's someone else's headache now.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I was hoping the Lions could get him at 6 but I’m afraid he might be the next Reggie Rogers

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Wonder if Carter has anything going on thst could be a distraction?

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Now that Rodgers dragged this out and the Jets have no other options, the Packers are going to fleece them.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Namath has given the OK. Though Rodgers would have to be a pretty big douche to wear it. So he'll definitely wear it.

This is going to be an absolute disaster, and I'm gonna love every second of it. Not that I dislike the Jets, I don't. But Rodgers is just insufferable.

Feels like 8-9, no playoffs and lots of whining about the New York media ahead.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I abhor Rodgers as a person given his arrogant deception re: COVID but I think it’ll be better than the Farve experience.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Well, I think Favre was an 8-8 season? So QAron could do better than that. I guess clearing the bar is if he can refrain from sending dick pics to the cheer squad?

Liut likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

At least the Jets don’t have to worry about Rodgers getting tickets for friends and family

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

This will be worse because, unlike Favre, Rodgers will be trying.

Favre never wanted to be there, never learned chunks of the playbook, and was just trying to avoid injury until he could get to Minnesota. .500 is pretty much what you'd expect with that.

Rodgers will be trying to flex on all the doubters and haters and the result will, at best, be 9-8. Laughingstocks forever.

2muchcoffeeman and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If he can get the Jets a win against the Pats, just one, which shouldn't be that difficult as things stand now, that might be enough to get the Jets into the playoffs. There's talent on that team.

Draft saved Draft deleted