1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Vegas didn't build itself.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Furman’s players might start signing NIL deals to their new schools during the game.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Another weird trend from that game was Northern Kentucky's fouls. Until there was 2 1/2 minutes left and they had to start fouling, they'd only been called for one in the second half.
    Didn't wind up playing into the outcome, but I noticed it when they were coming down the stretch and thought it was odd.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That had to be infuriating if you were backing Alabama. They were up 20 at halftime and then just sort of stayed there. I think they played a lot of guys and cruised instead of putting the hammer down for a few minutes to get the lead to 30 or so, like UCLA did in the late game tonight.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The game script went to a really bizarre place for Bama. Brandon Miller went scoreless and only got 19 minutes in before they decided to sit him for good. Apparently he tweaked something with his groin last Sunday, although I didn’t notice it in that game.

Likewise Noah Clowney picked up 10 points right out of the gate before sitting with three fouls. He got No. 4 just 30 seconds into the second half and never played again. And Charles Bediako likewise got four fouls in only 15 minutes. So you had six guys off the bench with 14 minutes or more and they just sort of treaded water after halftime with mediocre defense.

Batman likes this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Except he called the shot for the win when there were still a time out and 2.5 seconds left.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Great call, but...yeah. If Virginia wins it at the buzzer, that's an all-time premature ejocularity.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Now I wish NKU had won.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Look at it this way. If you aren't passionate about a particular team in this, SDSU-Furman has some of the best stories and the Cinderella appeal.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Why not flip it for Duke-Tennessee to start and then still have SDSU-Furman as the second exclusive national game? I always think of the noon Eastern tip as CBS pushing national brandz as hard as possible.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Northern Kentucky’s band director is an animal attention whore.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As far as CBS goes, games are pretty much by time zone. The TBS and TNT games are a little squirrelly in that regard. Don't know why their last game is Alabama-Maryland from Birmingham and not one of the Sacramento games.

Draft saved Draft deleted