1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Northern Kentucky may be the 16th seed but NKU's band director is in the Final Four. That was enjoyable.

Hermes likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m guessing you’re a really boring person to be around, non-ironically still with a photo of Belushi in a college shirt in 2023.

BUTTON!

(Squeaky gavel)

Slacker likes this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

He wasn't even directing the actual pace there. He was just performing.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

CCFE4FED-A7A7-4774-817A-BF07DE065F5D.jpeg

I’m a little surprised some of these smaller schools don’t get a directive from on high that they must wear the actual name of the school in March Madness, probably the single biggest marketing opportunity the institution has all year, or maybe for several years.

2muchcoffeeman, HanSenSE and Hermes like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s why I was so annoyed when the school I root for put “Bobcats” instead of OHIO on the home jerseys. (I trust you’re enjoying Mr. Sears) If we had made another tourney, you want that school name to stick, not a generic mascot.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Where I live, if I wear an Ohio sweatshirt without a bobcat on it someone will ask “So you’re a Buckeye?”

2muchcoffeeman and Hermes like this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The thing about this year's tournament is that there weren't a lot of bad teams that snuck into the field, save for Texas Southern and FDU. The 15 seeds in the NET: Vermont (109), Colgate (101), UNC Asheville (140) and Princeton (111). The 14 seeds: Kennesaw State (115), UC Santa Barbara (100), Montana State (103), Grand Canyon (104). Everyone seeded 13 or better was capable of winning, as Furman did yesterday. That said, Alabama looks to have a pretty easy road through its bracket. It should beat Maryland and whoever comes out of SDSU-Furman. The best team left on the other side is Baylor. Can't see the Tide not making the Final Four now.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I was worried about Arizona’s draw from the start.
    Its incredibly hard for teams like that who want to fly up and down the floor for 40 minutes to play someone who wants to sit in their little box and fiddle with cat turds for 40 minutes.

Liut likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s why we hate being called Ohio U. but probably should go back to it. It was its own separate identity and OU only works in-state.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Harlan said it last night……and now I can’t unsee McAfee there in that pic.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you’re anywhere in Tennessee, and someone says “UT”, you know exactly who they’re referring to. If you’re in Texas and you say “UT” they’ll look at you like you’ve gone mad.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

In Ohio, Toledo went from being TU to UT at some point and you can tell how old someone is based on how they say it.

Draft saved Draft deleted